What is Feudalism?
This learning block represents one week’s work. Aim to watch at least one video and choose at least one activity or project to complete.
There are several videos to choose from about Feudalism. Start with the rap, because it’s just fun!
Of the following two intro videos, the first one is better for younger kids, the second one will appeal to older kids.
Feel free to watch one, or both!
Now choose an Activity
Explore the Feudal Pyramid
Start by watching the video above to understand more about the feudal pyramid and the levels of society it created.
Then, draw the feudal pyramid for yourself.
- Label each layer
- Illustrate the people of each layer
- Using arrows, indicate what each layer provided to the people above and below
Save your drawing for your portfolio!
Write about Feudalism
Now that you know what Feudalism is, spend some time thinking about it as a form of government and how it would have affected people’s lives.
Choose a topic below (or come up with your own) and write a paragraph, or an essay:
- Compare Feudalism to the form of government in your country
- What are the pros and cons of Feudalism (for people at each level)
- Would you like to live in a Feudal System? (Why or why not?)
If writing isn’t your thing, you could make a video instead, explaining your answer.
Books About Feudalism
Click on a book to buy it from Amazon. Or, you can ask for them at your local library.