- 2 onions of different colors
- Cutting board and knife
- Washable paint
- Paper plates
- Paint brushes
- Cut the onion in half.
- Spread the paint on the paper plates.
- Use the paint brush to add paint to the onion.
- Use the onion as a stamp to create art.
- How many circles does each onion have?
- Does the type of onion affect the print?
- Can you separate the circles?
Make Your Own Soup
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbs of dried herbs such as oregano, basil, thyme, Italian seasoning, or marjoram
- ½ tsp of salt
- 4 cups of fresh vegetables such as carrots, celery, squash, green beans, corn, or sweet potatoes
- 1 can of bpa free no sodium beans such as black, pinto, garbanzo, kidney, or white
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups of low sodium broth
- Place a stock pot on the stove top and add the olive oil. Turn the heat on to medium low.
- Add onion, herbs, salt, and vegetables. Saute for 10 minutes or until the vegetables soften. Occasionally stir with a spatula.
- Add in the beans, water, and broth.
- Raise the heat and bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat so that the soup simmers.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.