Making Solar S’mores
- Cardboard box with an attached lid (shoe box, pizza box, cereal box, etc.)
- Aluminum Foil
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Squares
- Clear Plastic Wrap
- Stick or ruler
- Have an adult cut a three-sided flap out of the top of the box, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Using the glue and foil, line the entire inside of the box. Try to make the foil as smooth as possible.
- Now it is time to make the s’mores. Break the graham crackers in half.
- Place a marshmallow and piece of chocolate on top of each one. Place the s’mores in the box.
- Cover the top of the box (the left over 1 inch border) with two layers of plastic wrap.
- Prop up the flap with a stick and tape the stick down so it stays.
- Let the s’mores sit in the sun for 1 hour.
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 16 servings
- 1 15 oz can of bpa free garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- ½ cup of roasted, unsalted cashews
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 Tbs of ground flax seed
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with avocado oil.
- Combine beans, oats, cashews, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, and flax in a blender. Mix until uniform.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.