Build Your Own Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons oil: extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, walnut oil, avocado oil, or sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar: white, raspberry, balsamic, apple cider, rice, sherry
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs fresh herbs: dill, basil, marjoram, parsley, oregano, thyme, mint,
- 1 tsp optional add ins: finely minced garlic, finely minced ginger, finely minced shallot, finely grated parmesan, Dijon mustard, honey mustard, spicy mustard, honey, agave, maple syrup, soy sauce
Add all the ingredients to a mason jar and seal tightly. Shake until the dressing is thoroughly mixed.
- 2 cups greens: arugula, butter head lettuce, baby kale, romaine, cabbage, spinach, green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup vegetables: diced carrots, diced celery, roasted beets, cubed avocado, sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped broccoli, chopped cauliflower, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted squash cubes, cubed jicama, diced parsnips, roasted asparagus
- 1 cup fruits: chopped mango, sliced strawberries, blueberries, chopped apple, mandarin orange sections, blackberries, raspberries, sliced pears
- 1 tbs add ins: sunflower seeds, raisins, cranberries, walnuts, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, roasted chickpeas
Add all the ingredients to a large bowl. Top with prepared dressing. Toss and enjoy!