Self Direction 101: Measuring Success In New Ways
The Big Question:
What is your definition of success?
Your Challenge For The Week:
- Identify and talk to your child about different ways learning can be measured, without exams.
- Do not allow any quizzing of your child, even from you, for the entire week.
- Start a new family conversation about what “success” looks like to you.
Journal Prompt #1
When your child was born, what were your hopes and dreams for them? Does your current definition of “success” align with those hopes and dreams?
Journal Prompt #2
Do you feel successful? Why or why not? Do you define that for yourself or does someone else? Does your child’s definition of success need to match yours?
- Grown Unschoolers on Most Common Unschooling Myths (3 part video series) – Tipping Points via EDiT & ASDE.
- How Schools Thwart Passions by Peter Gray