The World is Our Classroom: Join us in Guatemala!
Families who are ready to learn in the real world, have an adventure, connect with likeminded people, and make memories to last a lifetime. Each week is limited to 40 people and space is already limited.
10 days in Guatemala living and learning at Del Lago Worldschooling Center. Once you hit the ground everything is covered: Food, lodging, transportation, classes and activities, all of it. Airfare is extra because people are coming from all over.
- Either February 18-26th 2022
- Or March 2-14th, 2022
Lago de Atitlan, Guatemala, consistently rated by Condé Naste as one of the top 10 most beautiful lakes in the world.
$1300 USD per person includes everything except airfare. Once you’re on the ground, we’ve got you covered:
- 3 meals a day
- Lodging with shared bathroom facilities
- Activities and outings
*Limited upgrades to rooms with private bathrooms or a lake view available
What’s not included:
- Extra drinks (sodas & alcoholic beverages)
- Spending money for souvenirs
- Any outings you plan beyond our itinerary
Book Your Space
To secure your space, please click the button below to pay a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $250 per person.
The Del Lago Worldschooling Center
Clean, basic bathroom
Social area & drumming circle
We’re going to spend ten glorious days learning at the feet of volcanoes, expanding our horizons, connecting with other kids and adults from around the world, serving and giving back to our host community, and making memories to last a lifetime.
You will learn about:
- The history, culture and language of Guatemala.
- The geology of volcanoes and Central America in general.
- To communicate across language barriers.
- The history of the colonial period of Central America, as well as the genocide of the 70s-90s.
We will focus on indigenous issues, including women’s issues, malnutrition and education, all of which are key to community and regional development…
- Coffee Production
- Chocolate Making
- Permaculture farms
- Ecobrick construction
We’ll offer elective classes in:
- Kaqchikel (the local Mayan language)
- Self Directed Learning
- Eco building
We’ll have adventures including:
- Riding chicken busses
- Boat rides
- Waterfall hikes
- Sunrise mountain top hikes
- Watching active volcanoes
- Paddle boarding
- Rock Climbing Walls… and more!
We’ll have fun with:
- Story times
- Movie nights
- Drum circle
- Talent shows
- And plenty of free hang out time!
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Participate in service projects
- Explore the village on your own as a family
- Have some special family photos taken
- Support a local family’s weaving and sewing business
- Connect with other amazing families from around the world
And, we’ll have a BLAST!
If you’re ready to secure your space, select your preferred date then pay your non-refundable deposit of $250 below…