Are You Biased? (Hint: We All Are!)
Welcome to the anti-racism class. There are only a couple of things you need for this class: An open mind, and something to write your reflections in. Ready? Let’s dive in…
Watch The Video…
Watch this video on ‘Learning and unlearning: Bias, prejudice and racism’.
Activity #1: Take The Implicit Bias Test
Some questions to help you reflect:
- What did the test show?
- Were you surprised?
- Were there parts that made you hesitate?
- How did you feel about the results?
- Why do you think you got those results?
- What do you think you can do to fight those biases?
Watch The Anti-Racism Experiment That Transformed an Oprah Show Audience…
Reflect and write:
- How did the experiment make you feel?
- Did anything surprise you?
- What did you learn?
Activity #3: Stand or Sit
Watch the video here, then reflect:
Would you stand or sit? Why?
Pardon? Your Bias Is Showing
Having biases doesn’t make you good or bad, you’re human. And you can choose to recognize them and commit to treating people fairly and equitably…